3 replies to this topic

#1 MEREDITH

MEREDITH

BOD - Treasurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:30 AM

Hi! As a lot of you know, I cracked mine recently. I have everything else I need for this build except a solid tank. My attempts to get it fixed have stalled with no response from my glass guy. I don't wanna bug the crap out of him and make him not wanna help me out.

While I'm waiting waiting waiting I'm looking into just buying another tank. I need the tank ONLY. Drilled is great! I can make it work no matter what it's drilled for. Non drilled is fine too. I'm willing to give it another try.

The only caveat is that I can't spend much on this. I'm hoping to only spend $75 or so on this. Please let me know if you have anything that meets my needs.

Message me on here (I check all the time) or text me 214-690-5543

thanks!

#2 thanley16

thanley16

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:26 AM

Hi again Meredith. After meeting today and we talked a bit. I mentioned that I may want to switch my tank to a non drilled for fresh water with hang on back overflow box. If I chose to go ahead with that would you be interested in my tank since it is a 75 Gallon. I think compared to actually selling it for some cash, it might be worth it to give away if someone was willing to take it away so I don't have to find someplace for it. I don't know what your time frame is but maybe we could do it. I bought and set it up as salt in Dec 2003. I switched to Fresh in About Feb 2009. Those dates are from the water quality records I kept. Been Fresh ever since. It would have to be a well orchestrated change over, but that wet dry filter I have listed was used with it for the drilled salt set up. Drop Me a line if your interested.

#3 MEREDITH

MEREDITH

BOD - Treasurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:05 PM

I'm hoping to do get it going in two weeks. I still have some work to do on the stand and sump, so that's my time-frame. I have 120lbs of live rock being delivered on Friday and I don't want to have that sitting in a trash can in my kitchen for too long either. If it works out and we can do a switch-a-roo then I'm all for it! Keep me posted! and Thanks!

#4 thanley16

thanley16

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for the quick response, Unfortunately I was thinking you were weeks or maybe a month off on pulling the trigger on your new set up. I would certainly have been willing but I don't even know where to get a new tank at a descent price. It seems the Tank makers have merged to names I barely recognize any more. I may seek your advise when I do it but right now we have several things going on and adding that may be a stressor that freaks out my parents. Even though I do most all, everyone wants to play when it's a big thing like that. Just thought I'd reach out and check. I will send a pic with new RO Machine as soon as I figure out where I am mounting it. Thanks tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users